Monday, July 14, 2014

You're Berry Sweet

I made this card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog challenge. This weeks challenge was Let's be Clear. You add to use a clear element in you project. I used vellum for this card. I was inspired by a video Jenmifer McGuire did with coloring on vellum.http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rdhT_wBOCRs
 I stamped the strawberry from Fiskars Berry Sweet stamp set in Versamark on vellum then white heat embossed. After that, I colored on the back with an array of alcohol markers and the embossing on the front. Then I sewed strings of white thread threw the stems. I put them on white cardstock with a 3x4 whole in the center.
After that I used a stamp set from Pebbles in Memento Tuxedo Black. Yeah... if I was thinking I would have stamped first but, this was an afterthought. It's a small flower stamp that I stamped repeatedly. I stamped the sentiment in the set that says... You're berry Sweet! In the same ink. I went over it with Sakura clear glaze and clear glitter pens to give it a little sparkle and shine. I colored some photo paper black with an alcohol marker to make the matting a little different. I adhered the front with foam tape so it pops.

For the inside of the card, I used the same stamp and stamped it in Hero Arts Soft Granite ink.

3 comments: